Saturday, March 1, 2008

I'm Having a White Moment

One of my favorite sayings is... "I'm having a blonde moment" or it could be "sorry, I just had a blonde moment". This little saying has gotten me out of many a faux pas and usually brings about a smile in awkward situations. We all have blonde moments, don't we?

Well, today I am having a white moment. Could it be the addition of 20cm of snow this evening that has me thinking about white? Yes, in fact the snowfall is the inspiration for today's blog post. Truth be told I love white (however, I am tired of the snow at this point!). I find it a quite relaxing and refreshing colour. A little white is always right in my books. it makes such a perfect backdrop for colour. My favorite white paint colour is Benjamin Moore's Cloud White. It's the perfect creamy white for walls, woodwork, cabinets and trim. I am posting some images of beautiful rooms and accessories I love.



Recognize this room from my web? I love this room from the pale birch floors to the white mantle and especially the white slipcovered furniture. To me this room speaks come on in and relax.


This bowl full of white shells is the perfect accessory for seaside style.



I love this cottage style bathroom with the creamy white vanity.


The white mirror on the paneled walls, seagrass rug and the mantle is done... oh so right in white.


To me this is the perfect white kitchen. Sleek appliances, black countertops, coffered ceiling and plenty of texture. Loving the dark floors, the window pane cupboards and the white metals.


Another perfect room for relaxing.



This has to be one of the prettiest lamps around. The milk glass lamp. It casts light 3 ways. From the top, from the frosted bottom or from both.




I think white candles are a necessity. Simple and pure especially when placed in clear glass hurricanes or voltive holders.

The white artichoke makes a fabulous accessory. Very pleasing, lots of texture and so pretty.



Simple white bedding and quilts, makes one want to snuggle in.



Hotel chic bedding with a taupe ribbon. Love it, love it, love it.

I think this little side table is perfect. Very sculptural, very classic, very versatile.


I'm not big into shabby chic and I would rather love to see this table painted solid white. What gets me here is the white slipcovers on the Parsons chairs and the pretty table top setting, not to mention the fantastic chandelier.
More white tables and white accessories. Pure, simple and pretty.


I love this lamp too! I think it has to do with the bamboo wrapped along the base.



White and driftwood. Such a pleasing composition of texture.
I really like these little white nesting tables. They should be in stock at Moving Designz Home & Cottage in the next couple of weeks. You can find all these beautiful white products, furniture and accessories in the store now or coming this spring.

Have a nice weekend, thanks for reading.
Susan

No comments: