Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy July!

Hello, it's July 4 and summer has finally arrived on PEI. The air temperature is sitting at a fantastic 24 degrees. Oh, it's so nice! It rained hard all last weekend but thankfully on Monday, Canada Day, the clouds broke and we've been in a hot dry spell all week. I've been truly busy over the past month with both the store, and finishing up (and starting) fantastic yet diverse design projects.

I celebrated my birthday last month. I'm a Gemini. My Zodiac sign says I am able to multitask with ease which makes me think I can. In fact, I enjoy it! Being busy is a good thing. For my birthday I treated myself and bought a new camera. The images I am posting on todays blog are from the new toy. A Nikon D80, in case you're wondering. I haven't quite perfected it yet but with a little more practise I should get the hang of it. So far so good.

Last time I posted I wrote about being busy working away in my gardens, which I have been dutifully tending on Sundays and evenings with lots of bug spray involved, afterall this is mosquito heaven. This week with the holiday I had 2 marvelous days off which allowed me to get out and get dirty in the earth. My little house sits on 3 acres with quite a few flower beds so gardening is a must and I totally enjoy it. I know I promised some pictures of my gardens from my last post... they'll follow at a later date. In the meantime, here is a teaser of my front garden, shot with the new toy.



Today, I am inspired to write and post images of a project I've been working on since early this spring. I took them this afternoon with the new camera. My clients are retirees and have just moved into this newly built home in an open concept space. Their request, create, furnish and finish a space for them to enjoy and have it done to the nines. Just do it. ( I love them! Nothing like carte blanche!) I apologize if the colours in the photos seem a little off but I'll get better at. The colour scheme is a mix of soft golds, greens and creams in combination with warm wood tones. My clients wished for a traditional yet modern feel. Moving Designz supplied all the furniture, lighting, accessories and custom fabric draperies.


Wide angle of the living space. Notice the lamp, in the foreground, honestly it is like a piece of artwork. I love it! For their home I chose aged brass but it is also available in a brushed nickel finish for those wishing for a more contemporary feel.


Another angle looking out to the sunny patio. The cocktail table is fantastic and features slide out shelves. Maybe why it's called a cocktail table? The sofa is the Zeal sofa from Stylus finished in a deep chocolate brown fabric.


A close of one of the pairs of occasional chairs. The chairs and ottomans are "Renza" from Stylus. The other pair of chairs are done in a warm cream.



Shown here are the two chairs nestled into the bay window area. The drapery is a custom treatment designed by us to fit specifically into the space with soft ivory pleated shades as the under treatment for privacy and light control.





A close up of the lovely accent table in the bay window, and in the background lovely PEI field views. I'm not even sure the images do justice to the lush striped drapery fabric done in a french pleat. The pretty fresh flower arrangement is my house warming gift fresh from Kelly's Flower Shop in downtown Summerside.





I know I'm repeating images but this was such a fine shot of the room's favorite reading spot. The man of the house has chosen this as his favorite chair. And why not? It's the perfect spot to read, check out the views and watch television.

Looking towards the built in cabinets on the other side of the room, this is the view to watch television from the opposite side of the room. The audio/visual system custom designed and installed by http://www.hirtlessoundsolutions.com./


A view of the dining room set, which is part of the open concept room. I didn't have time to get images of the kitchen but will publish on my website at a later date. As well, I will feature the downstairs rooms and the main front room. I'm still working on the final touches.




The master suite, which is located just off the great room. It's beautiful! I wish the curtains didn't look so washed out in this image because they really are a stunning in a tone on tone damask pattern.



A close up of the bedding on the master bedroom's king size bed. The bedding is finished in slightly muted tones of the same colours carried throughout the entire main floor.



The master bathroom finished in the same warm tones features an amazing soaking tub, as shown. Not shown is the fabulously tiled walk in shower and dual vanities...



Above is a sneak peak of another amazing before and after project just completed by Moving Designz and photographed later today. As I said, we've been busy. I'll be posting more images of this project next week and in the next couple of weeks the before and after pictures of Moving Designz riverfront project in Stanley Bridge (from previous posts) which is now fully completed to perfection. As I said it has been a very good spring with lots of amazing homes now complete and more underway.
Thanks for reading! Have a great weekend. I'd love to hear your comments, please send your comments by posting on the comment link.
Susan

No comments: