Friday, April 25, 2008

Au Natural

I am inspired by this room. I am in awe of this room. I think it's perfectly stunning.




I could see myself sitting here first thing in the morning enjoying a cup of coffee and being totally absorbed with my surroundings. I want it to be mine! I love, and I mean love the floor to ceiling (and then some) windows.

Are we indoors or outdoors or somewhere in between? Nothing like inviting the great outdoors in. For this weeks blog posting I thought I would look at decorating with elements inspired by nature. Find these nature inspired items and more at Moving Designz Home & Cottage.


I love these graphic pillows. We just placed another order and new ones should be in later next week.



This lamp is like a piece of artwork. The wonderful thing about all these "nature inspired" accessories is how well they work in rustic, as well, as contemporary spaces.



Solid wood magazine or book caddies filled with your favorite magazines.





I think these Eco Wood Stools are fab-u-liscious! I haven't brought them into the store yet but if you are interested please email me. info@movingdesignz.com I want to know other people love them too. Hand-chiseled from a single stump of sustainable, kiln-dried, monkey pod wood, each unique piece cleverly multi tasks as a stool, side table or sculpture. Functional, beautiful.




I like the organic feel to these tealight holders. Perfect texture.



Fabric inspired by nature.







What could be more natural than fire, wood and river rocks in these candle sets?





Mixing natural elements into contemporary interiors.









Store display.







This is a bamboo stand. I've done my research and...
Bamboo is not a tree—it’s a grass, and it grows like one. Many species of bamboo can grow two feet or more a day. When it’s harvested, it need not be replanted, because it will grow a new shoot from its extensive root system. So bamboo renews itself readily, unlike hardwood trees, which, once cut, are gone forever. Bamboo is an endlessly renewable resource.



Beautifully composed and photographed. I find this room naturally appealing.



Seagrass rug.








Cotton pillows with mother of pearl details in natural colours.




Colourful bamboo bowl sets.



Bamboo blinds from Moving Designz. Custom fitted and fully lined, these blinds operate like roman shades.



Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend.

Susan

No comments: