Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just Kidding Around

I'm back from Toronto and The Canadian Gift and Tableware Show. Actually I've been back for a week now and have been slowly catching up on all my work. Time now to update the blog. It was a great show. I purchased a full Fall and Christmas line up of home decor, furniture, accessories, lighting and personal accessories for Moving Designz Home & Cottage. I love my job!

For this weeks post I am covering a topic I've never really touched on before. We've had lots of people asking Moving Designz for decorative items for childrens rooms and shower gifts for new babies so I thought it would be interesting to post some images of beautiful childrens and baby rooms. Since people are looking for accessories for childerns rooms...we are listening and have started to bring in more and more things to fill up your little ones rooms.

Last week while I was at the buying show I ordered lots of really neat things for children and babies. The finds from the show will be coming in during the next few weeks.

I hope you will find these images inspiring.




This is my inspiration picture. I'm sure those of you who are Sarah Richardson fans will recognize this little girls room from her show Sarah's House. How pretty!


A cheery coloured childrens room with beds for 3.


Katie and Megan's room. I love the combination of pink bedding, green walls and crisp white furniture. If you are looking for the monogram letters we carry them in the shop in off white. Perfect as they are or they can be spray painted to match any rooms decor. Monogram letters remain a hot accessory for childrens rooms.



This room is fit for a princess with delicate blue flowered bedding. Lots of extra storage is created under the bed with lined wicker baskets. Perfect for holding toys or off season clothing. Moving Designz carries a wide variety of quilts and duvet covers in all sizes including crib bedding.





I think this coastal inspired childs room is just adorable. The map wallpaper is a cool decorating idea.



This room is so bright and cheerful. I love the mix of pattern and colour. The decals on the walls are an easy way to bring all the colours together. I bought some wall art like this and also wall quotes at the show.


Bunk beds for little boys.



I like this room especially the wall niche behind the bed perfect for lamps, alarm clocks and little pictures.




I've been doing some webstalking and shopping online at Restoration Hardware. They are big into brown and blue for boys rooms. So classic...





Here's another boys room done up with chocolate and blue.





And for little girls it's all about the pink mixed with accents in brown. We have lighting and lamps coming in that are very similar to those show in these images.







The two above images I will refer to as hotel chic for girls





Here's a very lovely room done in pink and white with a beautiful chandelier complete with sparling pink crystals. Moving Designz has a wide selection of chandeliers we can special order in for any room.




This is the babies corner at Moving Designz. We have nice photo frames, rustic white bedside tables, pretty wicker baskets lined in blue and pink gingham, soft velour blankets and various wall art. We typically don't stock crib or twin size bedding but we do have a fantastic selection available by special order.


A close up of our baby corner.

Let's look at some inspiring baby rooms.















That's all for now. Look forward to new furniture and home decor coming into Moving Designz over the next few weeks and into Fall. I'll be posting images of products as they come available.
Thanks for reading. Have a great week!
Susan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you know where they bought the map wallpaper? I'm thinking about this idea for my baby's nursery. Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the exact same as the previous poster!! Need to know where to find this wallpaper, ironically also for a nursery

Unknown said...

I would love to know where the "coastal inspired" map wallpaper came from. Do you have a source?
Thanks so much.

CW said...

Yes, seriously, as above, I have been looking for the source to the image of the "coastal" map wallpaper image. seems to pop up all over the web, but no one has the original...