Monday, January 21, 2008

What's Hot

Well, it certainly isn't the weather. Today we suffered through another bitterly cold day here on PEI. Last week it was snow storms and this week it is too cold to snow. In fact, it's too cold to do much of anything except bolt from house to car, car to work and then car to house. Hopefully it won't last too much longer...

I'm getting in the spring mode now even though it doesn't feel like spring I know it's coming. This weekend I'm off to Toronto to buy spring and summer accessories and home decor for the store. I'm really excited about this show and crossing my fingers that this year we will find colourful accessories. If you read my blog after last years show you'll know most booths were filled with black and white. I love black and white but I also like things in moderation.

I've already had the chance to preview some of the 2008 spring lines with some of our reps and they're looking pretty good. I thought I might list some of the what's hot in home accessories for 2008.

Hot:

Green everything

Useful luxury items

Sophisticated ethnic accessories

Bamboo

Nature

Birds

Large scale accessories

Candles - they never seem to leave any list

Brown plus any colour for accenting

Blue, Yellow

Spheres and balls

Chandeliers

Architectural mirrors/oversize mirrors/mirrored surfaces

Seashells and coastal inspired accessories

Reeds and willow

Natural fibres

Neutrals

Feather throw pillows

Large scale and graphic prints

Tone on tone wallpaper mixing matt with flat

Consoles for flat screen TV's

Glass objets and pretty containers

Spicy reds and burnished gold tones

Clean lined small scale furniture

Round tables

Aged, comfortable upholstery

Exposed wood legs

Orchids

Pretty bedside clocks

Clear glass lamps and fixtures

Functional and good looking storage containers

Canvas prints

Dimensional artwork

Ahhhh, five days of shopping bliss. And with any luck the weather might be a tad warmer. One can always hope.

Susan

No comments: